Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Little Closer to Christmas...

When we got home from choosing the tree,  Jeff and kids decorated while I attending a Velocity board meeting.  They did an awesome job.  Addy slept in the swing while the boys took care of the tree.  After the board meeting it was a great to come home to the Christmas spirit.

Over the weekend, we headed to Ray and Amy's in Yucipa for an annual Christmas party.  The group of guys that Jeff went to college with (and plays fantasy football) have a Christmas party every year that it rotates from families.  Here is a picture of the little boys before the gift exchange making eachother smell their feet.  Why am I not surprised?  We are talking about the sons of the guys who go to Vegas to draft their fantasy football teams.

After the long drive home, Branden didn't let us forget even though he was half asleep that we needed to celebrate the Feast of St. Nicholas.  Celebrating the Feast of St. Nicholas is a tradition passed along to B from the Minton family.  This year he sent out his boots (actually there were his very first pair of boots) and his sister's Nikes.

There were also several questions about the difference between St. Nicholas and Santa Claus.  I explained it in terms of Pokemon that Santa Claus is the "evolved" St. Nicholas.  But the first one is often the best one like Pikachu.  He seemed to understand.  (side note:  The big kids on the bus told him that Santa Claus wasn't real.  I told him that everyone has the choice to believe or not and I guess they choose not to.  I asked him if believes he said Yes.  He asked if I believed and I told him I did.)

For all you Addy fans, here is a pic in her Christmas sleeper.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work Sara, I think Ill have to steal those answers one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jules. You sure can but no need to steal I considered it sharing.

    ReplyDelete