Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Cousins!

My brothers and I were lucky enough to grow up next door to our cousins.  We had playmates from the very beginning.  Nate and I were the oldest in both of our families.  Josh and Joey are only 6 weeks apart and were basically inseparable growing up.  And Luke being the youngest in both families had all of us to look after him and to look up to.  A lot of times cousins only see each other on holidays and family functions but for us it was an everyday thing.  And even though we had our moments, I would have had it any other way.  Growing up I didn't have to worry about having someone to play with, being bored, or someone to have my back because we always had each other.


Now we have our own families and live  a few hours  apart.  And I worried if B and Addy would be as close to their cousins as I was to mine.  But the last couple of times, the kids have all been together you would never know that they only see each other a handful of times a year.  All of 4 of them ran a muck at Uncle Joe's on Christmas, just like we would have in the day.  We all got a kick out of watching them run with sticks and play in the nasty fountain water.  




In January, Nathan and his family stopped in for a short visit.  Paul and Addy had a blast playing together.  And just like any good cousin should do Paul taught Addy a few new tricks, even though he resisted a bit.  B was at school, but Paul checked out his room and wished B was here to play too.




After last week's Storm dinner,  I stayed over at my parents house.  Paul came by to visit Addy for a bit.  They hung out and a donut together.  Addy and Olivia played together in the yard and rode the 3 wheelers down the driveway while we watched and even participated a bit.






I can only hope as they are for me, but they will be for my kids, too.  


"Cousins are those childhood playmates who grow up to be forever friends."

1 comment:

  1. Heartwarming to read,.....fun, fun, photos too!
    Love you! AJ

    ReplyDelete